28. Nov 2017 – 30. Jan. 2018
“Meditation is the only intentional, systematic human activity which at bottom is about not trying to improve yourself or get anywhere else, but simply to realize where you already are. ”
– Jon Kabat-Zinn, Wherever You Go, There You Are
Foto: Center for Mindful Self-Compassion in Berlin Mitte
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (mbsr)
Please contact me !
MBSR is an 8 week course, with groups of up to 12 people, developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in the USA that has been used over thirty years to help with pain, depression, anxiety and to create mental balance and well-being. So, this program is based on a proven curriculum and is being tought around the world in this format
There are three components of the course; guided practice, shared enquiry and talks as well as theoretical input.
Mindfulness is a form of attention and awareness training that helps people relate more effectively to their experiences. It involves paying attention to thoughts, feelings and body sensations in a way that increases awareness, acceptance and self-compassion to help manage difficult experiences, and create space to make wise choices.
Why is this program for you?
1. If your are interested in exploring how to use your mind more effectively to live your purpose in accordance with your values and guidance, then this program is for you.
2. If you want to learn strategies to deal with the general complexity and pace of modern life, then this program is for you.
3. If you are experiencing work related stress, sensitivity to a stressful environment or difficulties with your work such as poor concentration, perfectionism or procrastination, then this program may be for you.
4. If you want to find ways of working with general stress and anxiety more effectively and for increasing your overall well-being, self-awareness and insight, then you may want to join this program.
5. If you want to bring more compassion through mindfulness into your life and harvest the benefits of improved relationships at work and home, then this program is for you.
What can you expect?
The 8 Week MBSR Program consist of 4 elements.
1. Learn – We start with looking into, what mindfulness is, as well as taking a sneak peak into a very short mindfulness practice. A brief assessment into self-awareness and perhaps current state of mindfulness in your life. We are going to do this with curiosity and a beginners mind, being open to what shows up during this part of the session.
2. Practice – Mindfulness practice is the center of experiencing mindfulness and learning how to embody it. We are starting here with a short guided meditation by sitting on a chair / cushion or lying on our backs.
3. Exchange / Inquiry – after each guided meditation practice, we are going to exchange our made experience and I am going to inquire into any concerns or challenges that may have surfaced during the practice or thereafter.
4. Embody – In order to embody the practice of mindfulness, each participant has to simply practice it and comit for the duration of those 8 weeks. I am going to assist you to create a plan for your ongoing meditation practice after the main program has been completed.
What are the benefits, you will be experiencing?
Everyone can benefit from mindfulness, as we all face pressures and stresses and can get stuck in our personal reactions and feelings.
The things that stress and challenge us may not change, but the way in which we deal with them can shift, making it all feel easier.
Recent studies show that mindfulness:
- increased ability to handle stressful situations
- generates more energy and enthusiasm
- Reduces perceived stress
- Increases focus, productivity and mental clarity
- helps sustain a greater capacity for relaxation
- Increases optimism and creativity
- increases more self-confidence
- helps bring greater clarity and focus
- increased concentration
- Increases resilience and emotional intelligence
- Improves sleep
- Improves overall physical and emotional wellbeing
Why join the 8 Week MBSR Program lead by Sven Kaven?
A mindful earth was founded by Sven Kaven. He is a certified mindfulness teacher and entrepreneur, who helps people transform stress into the ease of this moment.
He works and lives mindfulness out of an inner connectedness that manifests itself through his engagement for creating a better earth, a more mindful earth if you like. Nevertheless, not as a means to an end but instead as a means for continued exploration of human happiness through loving and living, what we experience in the present moment.
It´s all about uncovering the autopilot and our associated habitual reactions to all, that effects us all day around.
What to do next?
a) Get in touch with me to schedule a complimentary 20-minute call. We are going to look into your requirements and I will ask you some questions to learn more about your goals, as well as your challenges.
b) With the next step, I am going to follow up with a proposal, which is customised to your needs and Includes a sample agenda of a typical mindful session in our location.
c) Last, but not least, I am going to invite you to participate in one of our Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction courses.
d) Your investment will be 6500 NOK for the whole 8-week program, plus a one day silent retreat at our location in Oslo.